This Instant Pot Zucchini Soup is a hearty, creamy soup recipe. An easy and quick recipe that uses zucchini, potato and coconut milk as the main ingredients.
This flavour-loaded soup is a perfect dinner option for Vegetarians. Perfectly seasoned with minimal spices, this refreshing soup is the best way to use up your Zucchinis.
This creamy Zucchini Soup is a family favourite recipe. It takes less than 30 minutes to put together. Though Zucchini is the main ingredient of this Soup, the addition of onion, garlic, spices, coconut milk and potato makes this more creamy and flavourful.
With winter setting in, all we want is a warm bowl of soup. When you can throw in all the ingredients in your Instant Pot and make a delicious, fully loaded-soup, why not? Try this recipe for dinner tonight and I am sure you will love it.
Why I love Zucchini Soup
Easy One-Pot Recipe which takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
Creamy and fully loaded. Keeps you full for a long time
You can customize the spices and other ingredients according to your preferences
All you need is a bowl of this soup for a hearty dinner. You can serve it with a slice of toasted bread. It’s that simple.
Budget-friendly recipe. Requires no fancy ingredients.
Zucchini – Fresh Zucchini with skin works well for this recipe
Potato – Makes the soup creamy and adds a great taste as well.
Onion & Garlic – Adds a great aroma and flavour to the Soup
Vegetable Stock – I prefer using vegetable stock because it adds a lot of flavour. If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can replace it with water.
Salt, Pepper Powder – Seasonings to add taste to the Soup
Coconut Milk – I love adding coconut milk to my soup recipes. Gives a creamy texture and taste to the soup.
Oil or Butter – Ingredients can be sauteed in butter or olive oil.
How to make Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
Turn on the Saute Mode in your Instant Pot. Add oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add onion, and garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes.
Add cubed zucchini, peeled and chopped potato, salt and vegetable broth.
Close the lid, and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for five minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or by transferring the mixture to a heavy blender.
Add coconut milk, pepper powder and add salt if needed.
Serve hot with a drizzle of cream or garnish with finely chopped parsley if desired.
I like adding potato because it gives a creamy texture to the Soup. If you want to keep the soup light, you can omit the potato.
Heavy cream can replace coconut milk. You can also use almond milk or half-and-half.
There are also other ingredients you can use, such as broccoli, carrots, celery, thyme, and basil.
Other Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Other Zucchini Recipes
Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
- 3 medium Zucchini cubed
- 2 medium Potato peeled, cubed
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Turn on the Saute Mode in your Instant Pot. Add oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add onion, and garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes or till onion turns soft.
- Add cubed zucchini, peeled and cubed potato, salt and vegetable broth.
- Close the lid, and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or by transferring the mixture to a heavy blender.
- Add coconut milk, pepper powder and add salt if needed.
- Serve hot zucchini soup with a drizzle of cream or garnish with finely chopped parsley if desired.