Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup made in Instant Pot is creamy, mild & delicious. It is nutritious & wholesome. Perfect on a cold and cozy day to warm you up. This soup is light on the stomach and super easy to prepare, thanks to Instant Pot.
Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup
After a lot of holiday eating, I am back to basics. It’s time for some warm, good soup. If you love a good creamy soup, this asparagus & cauliflower soup will definitely impress you. This soup is easy to prepare by just tossing everything into your Instant Pot and letting the pot do its magic. The beautiful colour of the soup makes it more appetizing. Absolutely comforting and not too overpowering in flavour. This soup is mild & light on the stomach. Very well balanced and filling!
Asparagus has become a recent favourite in my kitchen. It is available year-round in the grocery stores near me. So it makes an appearance every single week in my pantry. One of my favourite recipes with asparagus is to make a quick and wholesome soup. It’s low carb and is perfect as an appetizer, lunch or some light dinner. A perfect guilt-free meal.
Why I love this Soup
1.Kid-Friendly recipe. The colour attracts even those who aren’t veggie lovers. Asparagus and Cauliflower are easily hidden in the soup and blended together finally.
2.Made with Simple Ingredients.
3.Light on the stomach.
4.Delicious & Full of flavours
5.Nutritious, Wholesome and Creamy
6.Easy to put together in Instant Pot
7.Can easily be made Vegan.
Ingredients in this Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup
1.Asparagus – Hero of the Dish
2.Cauliflower – I had a small head of cauliflower sitting in the refrigerator and hence decided to toss it in. Gives a thick , creamy texture.
3.Onion & Garlic – Love the flavour and aroma of garlic in the soup
4.Butter / Oil
6.Salt & Pepper
7.Cream – For a nice silky and rich texture
8. Red Chilli Flakes, Pumpkin Seeds & Croutons for Topping
How to make Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup In the Instant Pot
- Remove the ends of the asparagus and wash them. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Roughly chop the onions & garlic. Separate the cauliflower florets, wash & blanch in boiling water for 5 mins.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE mode and add butter, finely chopped onion, garlic. Saute for 2 mins and add asparagus & cauliflower.
- Add vegetable broth to the Instant Pot and close the lid.
- Turn the valve to SEALING and set it to PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes.
- Once done, wait for 10 minutes & RELEASE THE PRESSURE MANUALLY.
6. Open the lid and use an immersion blender to puree the ingredients until smooth.
7. Pour in the heavy cream, and stir to combine. After blending, if you feel the soup is thicker than you expected, add some more broth or water & cook for 2-3 mins on saute mode.
8.Add salt and pepper to taste. Add toppings of your choice. Serve with any bread or side.
Can the Soup be made Vegan
Use your choice of oil in place of butter to make this Soup Vegan. Also, instead of dairy cream, use coconut milk, almond milk or cashew cream .
What if I don’t have an Immersion Blender?
I find the immersion blender to be an extremely useful gadget in my kitchen. I recommend using the Cuisinart Stick Blender in your kitchen.
In case you don’t have access to one, use a blender or food processor. Make sure you blend them in batches and not when the soup is too hot. Let the ingredients come to room temperature before blending them in a blender. This is extremely important for your safety.
Tips & Suggestions
1.Always add the cream after the soup has finished cooking so that it doesn’t separate or curdle.
2.You can squeeze in some lemon juice on top once the soup is done. Gives a nice flavour.
3.Finally, you can garnish with some chilli flakes or some pumpkin seeds and nuts of your choice.
4.Some croutons can also be added while serving the soup. I love having soup with croutons.
5.Feel free to add potatoes or more veggies in this soup.
6.Fresh herbs can also be used as a topping.
7.Soup tastes best when served hot/warm. In case you have leftovers, the soup can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 2 days. Reheat and adjust consistency before serving.
Asparagus & Cauliflower Soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- Immersion blender
- 250 gms asparagus ends trimmed and chopped
- 250 gms cauliflower florets washed and blanched in boiling hot water for 5 mins.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pepper powder to taste
- salt to taste
- red chilli flakes, pumpkin seeds & croutons for topping optional
- Switch on the instant pot and keep it on saute mode. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped asparagus and cauliflower pieces and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and close the lid with the vent in the sealing position. Presure cook for 5 minutes.
- 10 mins after cooking is done, release pressure manually.
- Use an immersion blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper powder as needed. Add cream and give a mix. Serve hot.