If you love chocolate, you would definitely enjoy this Chocolate Chia Pudding for breakfast. A simple and wholesome breakfast that is not too sweet or heavy for a morning meal.
Chocolate chia seed pudding is made by combining chia seeds with your choice of milk, cocoa powder and a sweetener. Chocolate Chia Pudding is creamy, chocolatey and indulgent in every bite. This can also be had as a dessert!
Why you will love this recipe
- Chia Pudding is so easy to prepare. This is a one-bowl recipe. Just combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate. Requires less than 10 minutes.
- Uses ingredients that are always available in the pantry.
- Packed with nutrients of Chia Seeds.
- The thick, creamy, pudding-like consistency along with the addition of chocolate makes it great for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Can be made ahead and stored in individual jars for you to grab and go. It stays good in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can customize it to your choice by adding more flavours and any toppings of your choice.
- Cocoa Powder: Use good quality cocoa powder for a nice chocolate flavour.
- Maple Syrup: It is one of my favourite ingredients for a good sweetener. Honey can be used instead of maple syrup.
- Milk: In this recipe, I have used unsweetened almond milk. Choose your favourite milk. Coconut milk, almond milk, or even regular milk works well.
- Chia Seeds: The main ingredient that gives a creamy, pudding-like consistency.
How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding?
It is very simple. Just combine cocoa powder, maple syrup, milk and chia seeds in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Transfer to individual serving glasses if desired. Add toppings of your choice and serve.
What toppings can be used?
Any fresh fruits can be used. I have used strawberry, raspberry and banana
Mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings can be used for an added flavour. I personally love biting into chocolate pieces while eating the pudding.
Desiccated Coconut can be used for a crunch.
Any seeds or nuts can be used. Sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts, almonds etc can be used.
Add your favourite nut butter or jam.
Fresh whipped cream and coconut cream can be added while serving the chia pudding.
What kind of milk can be used?
You can make chia seed pudding using any kind of milk. It is totally upto your dietary choices.
I have used unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. You can use coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk or even regular milk.
Use fresh and good-quality chia seeds. Old chia seeds may not be as effective in forming a pudding-like consistency.
If you are not a fan of the texture of chia pudding, you can also blend the chia pudding in a high-speed blender. Just add all the ingredients to a blender, blend together, cover and refrigerate for it to set.
You can also add dates along with milk, blend them into a paste and add it to the chia pudding.
You can add any nut butter of your choice to this pudding. It can be added along with the main ingredients or as a topping. Peanut butter goes really well with chocolate.
Looking for other Recipes with Chia Seeds?
5 Ingredient Strawberry Chia Pudding
Other Breakfast Recipes you may like
Pineapple Coconut Overnight Oats
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DO SHARE YOUR COMMENTS AND RATING WITH ME. ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THE PICTURES WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM. FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK FOR MORE RECIPE UPDATES.
How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 & 1/4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
Toppings of choice
- Banana, Strawberry, Raspberry
- Chocolate chips
- Desiccated Coconut
- Chocolate Shavings
- Nuts or Seeds
- In a bowl, add the milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, chia seeds. Whisk together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- After around 3 hours of refrigeration, take the chia pudding out and gently combine the ingredients once. Place it back again in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, stir together with a spoon. Serve the chia pudding into serving glasses. Garnish with your choice of toppings.