Look no further next time you need a quick and healthy snack. These no-bake Cranberry Mixed Nut Energy Bites make an excellent grab-and-go breakfast. These one-bowl energy bites can be made with simple ingredients in a few minutes. Easy enough for kids to make these themselves.
I usually don’t enjoy having a heavy breakfast. A bowl of fruits or such energy bites is more than enough to keep me full and satisfied. Energy bites are one of my favourite healthy snacks. If you are used to having granola bars, these energy bites are something very similar. You can refrigerate or freeze them and grab a piece whenever you are hungry.
The best part is, it is no-bake and the ingredients can easily be customized to your taste and preference. Also, it is gluten-free, dairy-free, protein-packed. Keeps our stomach full for longer hours. These Cranberry Mixed Nut Energy Bites are refined sugar-free. Absolutely kid-friendly and can be packed for your kids for their snack break.
- Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios
- Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
- Medjool Dates
- Old fashioned oats
- Shredded Coconut
How to make these Energy Bites
- Add the nuts, oats, cranberries and pitted dates to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until well combined. Scrape down the sides and ensure the mixture sticks together.
- Chill the dough for 30 mins. ( This step is optional )
- Once the dough is chilled, make even-sized balls.
- Roll the ball in coconut or pistachios and serve.
Ideas to Customize
You can use just one of the nuts instead a mix of nuts.
Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Chia seeds or Flax Seeds make a great addition to this recipe.
Instead of dates, maple syrup or honey can be added.
White chocolate or even semi-sweet chocolate chips taste great in this recipe.
Peanut Butter or Almond Butter can be added to these energy bites.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- You can also freeze these energy bites for 2 months. Store these energy bites in freezer-safe ziplock bags or freezer-safe containers. Let the energy bites thaw in the refrigerator for few hours before consuming.
Other recipes you may like
Cranberry Mixed Nut Energy Bites
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 15 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Dried, Unsweetened Coconut optional
- Finely ground pistachios optional
- Add the nuts, oats, cranberries, salt and pitted dates to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides and ensure the mixture sticks together.
- Make even-sized balls and keep them ready.
- Roll the ball in unsweetened, dried coconut or finely ground pistachios and serve.