Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies – These crunchy yet chewy cookies are easy to prepare, one-bowl cookies. It is a perfect treat for your evenings. I love having these cookies with some hot tea. These cookies are made with simple ingredients and are kid-friendly as well. Today we will see how to make eggless peanut butter cookies from scratch in less than 30 minutes.
About these cookies
I am a big fan of making cookies from scratch. There is nothing as good as some freshly made cookies. The aroma after baking lingers around the kitchen for hours together.
I always have some cookies in stock to have along with my evening tea. Last week, I bought a jar of peanut butter after a long gap. So, I decided to use them in my cookies this time. These eggless peanut butter cookies are easy to prepare and taste wonderful with the crunch and flavour of peanut butter. These cookies are melt in the mouth yet a little crunchy around the edges. It is sweet and has a slight salty tinge, thanks to the peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Cookies are known for having a criss-cross design on top. This is because these cookies are dense by nature. We press down the cookie dough using a fork for even baking. The first time I made these Peanut Butter Cookies, I shared them with my friends as well. All of us loved it. If you are someone who loves Peanut Butter, do make these cookies and don’t forget to share them with your friends and family.
What type of Peanut Butter to use
I have used smooth peanut butter in this recipe. You can also use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer. There is something called “Natural Peanut Butter” available in the market. I wouldn’t recommend using this because the oil separates in this variety and it is not suitable for baking.
If you prefer using homemade Peanut Butter, go ahead and add them to this recipe.
How to make these Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda and mix well. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, milk and whisk together until it is smooth and well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well until combined. If the dough is too thick, add an extra tablespoon or two or milk.
Form equal sized balls of cookie dough and place on a lined cookie sheet or baking sheet. Press down each cookie using a fork by making a criss-cross design on top. Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes at 350F/180C, or until the edges begin to look golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow these beautiful peanut butter cookies to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container and serve when needed.
Add chocolate chips, peanuts or any other nut to these super easy peanut butter cookies.
Replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. You may need a little more milk for the dough to come together. So, add accordingly.
I have used almond milk in this recipe. You can use any nut milk or regular milk of your choice.
If you don’t want to use peanut butter, replace it with any other nut butter.
These Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies last for 10 days at room temperature. Make sure you store them in a clean and dry, airtight container.
The Cookies can be stored in the freezer for about 2 months. Store the cookies in a freezer-safe bag.
You can similarly store just the cookie dough as well. Make cookie dough balls and store them in a freezer-safe bag. If you want to bake them, let the cookie dough sit on the counter at room temperature for around 10-15 minutes. Make the mark on the cookies with a fork and bake them as usual.
Other cookie recipes to try
How to make Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 & 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 tbsp Almond Milk use any milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Mix all purpose flour and baking soda in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, milk and whisk together until it is smooth and well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well until combined. The cookie dough should be smooth and you should be able to form a ball easily. If the dough is too thick, add an extra tablespoon or two or milk.
- Form equal sized balls of cookie dough using a tablespoon or your hands and place on a lined cookie sheet or baking sheet. Make sure the balls are not too big. Press down each cookie using a fork by making a criss-cross design on top. Also, make sure there is enough gap between the cookies because they spread when baked.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes at 350F/180C, or until the edges begin to look golden brown. It took exactly 14 minutes for my cookies to be done.
- Remove from the oven and allow these beautiful peanut butter cookies to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container and serve when needed.