If you are a Coconut lover, do try these Crispy, Melt in Mouth Eggless Coconut Cookies. Made with a handful of simple ingredients, these cookies are easy to put together as well. The rich flavour of coconut makes these eggless coconut cookies irresistible.
I love cookies. Every time I see a box of assorted cookies, my hands automatically pick one. I love baking cookies as much as I enjoy eating them. The aroma that lingers around the house after every batch of cookies can’t be described in words. These grab-and-go Eggless Coconut Cookies will definitely remind you of those bakery-style cookies that we used to get back home.
Chai and Cookies are a match made in heaven. What’s better than these coconut cookies with a cup of chai for your evening snack? This is one combination that I always look forward to.
Coconut is one of my husband’s favourites. He keeps asking me to make desserts with coconut which most of the time ends up as a failure. Haha. These cookies are one of the most successful ones I have created and he loves them.
The nutty coconut flavour, crispy texture on the outside, chewy texture on the inside and balanced level of sweetness are sure to make these coconut cookies disappear in no time. I am sure you will be making repeat batches of these cookies once you try them.
Ingredients Needed for Eggless Coconut Cookies
Unsalted Softened Butter – Butter is what gives a lovely texture to the cookies. Ensure the butter is soft and at room temperature
Flour – This recipe uses all-purpose flour. If desired, you can replace a part or whole of it with whole wheat flour
Desiccated Coconut – Unsweetened, Dry Desiccated Coconut is used in this recipe
Salt – To balance the taste
Sugar – Either White Sugar or Brown Sugar can be used. Make sure the granules aren’t big. If they are, powder them to make them fine
Baking Powder – The leavening agent for the cookies
Milk – To bind the dough
Cardamom Powder – To add an extra flavour to the cookies
How to make Eggless Coconut Cookies
Take a sieve. Add flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, and salt. Sieve in a bowl and keep it aside.
Take softened butter in a bowl. Cream the butter for 30 seconds.
Add sugar and cream again until it is fluffy.
Next, add Desiccated Coconut and mix well with a spatula.
Add the sifted dry ingredients little by little to the bowl and make a dough.
Add milk little by little to form a smooth dough.
Wrap the cookie dough using a cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Make medium size balls out of the dough and slightly flatten them. Roll it in desiccated coconut.
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet. Place the cookies on the baking sheet leaving enough gap between each cookie.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and store the eggless coconut cookies in an air-tight container.
Enjoy the cookies as a snack with a cup of hot tea.
As soon as the cookies are out of the oven, they seem to be soft. Once the cookies cool completely, it gets crispy.
It is a good idea to refrigerate the cookie dough before baking it. The cookie dough is easier to handle and it doesn’t spread much.
Other Cookie Recipes you may like
Eggless Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- Sieve dry ingredients in a bowl and keep them aside.
- In another bowl, add room temperature, softened butter. Cream the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar to the butter and cream again for a minute until it is fluffy.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix once.
- Now add in the dry ingredients little by little. Mix well.
- Add milk little by little and form a smooth dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough using a cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out. Make medium size balls out of the dough and slightly flatten them. Roll it in desiccated coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet. Place the cookies on the baking sheet leaving enough gap between each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and store the eggless coconut cookies in an air-tight container.
- Enjoy the coconut cookies as a snack with a cup of hot tea.