Simple and best strawberry muffins made with basic pantry staples for a wholesome and delicious snack. Relish with a glass of milk to make it complete!
These Strawberry Muffins are juicy and delicious. Great way to use up those summer strawberries and looks so beautiful as well. Adding lots of berries to the batter gives the muffins a nice fruity, strawberry flavour.
During summer, I love visiting Farmers Market mainly to get a big bag full of fresh fruits. Berries are always on my go-to list and strawberry happens to be my favourite. Usually, I make blueberry muffins for a quick snack but this time I decided to use up these fresh, juicy strawberries to make some gorgeous, moist muffins.
Why I love this recipe
- Made with simple, staple ingredients from the pantry
- Perfect for wholesome snack/breakfast
- The best recipe to put those strawberries to use
- Beginner Friendly Recipe. Even kids can put it together in no time
- The muffins aren’t too sweet. They just the right amount of sweetness which makes you enjoy every bite.
If you know me well, you would know that I love baking. Especially simple baking! Those everyday tea time cakes, simple cookies, muffins etc are my favourite ones to bake when I have time in hand. There was a time when I was so much into frosted cakes and cupcakes. But now I have grown over it and relish those cakes only for special celebrations.
My evenings with some muffin and a warm cup of tea are just absolute bliss. Try it if you are a fan of those relaxed evenings too. These perfect strawberry muffins are such a delicious way to start the morning too!
Step By Step Instructions
Pre-heat the oven to 350 F / 180 C degrees. Line the muffin tray with cupcake paper liners.
In a bowl, cream sugar and oil using a whisk. Once well combined., add the eggs. Beat for a minute. Add milk and mix again.
Sift in the measured amount of flour, baking powder and salt. Fold gently.
Fold in the chopped strawberries.
Scoop the batter into the paper liners. You can add a few pieces of chopped strawberries on top if needed.
Bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Place muffins on a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
How to store these Strawberry Muffins
Ensure the muffins are packed in an air-tight container. These muffins can be stored at room temperature for 2 days. Beyond two days, either refrigerate for immediate consumption or store in freezer-safe bags in the freezer for consumption within 3 months.
You can add some chocolate chips or walnut along with berries. Strawberries and dark chocolate make a great combination!
These muffins can be made with other berries or a mix of berries too.
Do not over mix the muffin batter. Over mixing results in dense and hard muffins.
You can replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Depending on the flour you use, you may need to adjust the quantity of liquid. If needed, you can add a bit of extra milk for the batter to come together.
Other recipes you may like
The Best Strawberry Muffins
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Strawberries chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 189C/350F. Line the muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and oil until well combined.
- Add eggs and beat for a minute. Next, add milk and mix well.
- Sift in all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Fold gently.
- Add in strawberries and fold them in until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the paper liners. Do not fill more than 3/4th of the cupcake liner.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Place muffins on a wire rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.