The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever tasted! Homemade cookies that taste just like the ones you get in bakeries. A simple recipe that gives consistent, delicious cookies every single time.
These chocolate chip cookies are chewy, slightly crispy and golden brown on the outside with a gooey center. This one-bowl recipe with loads of chocolate chips will make you love it. Those who love baking will definitely have a favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This one is mine. I have been making these cookies for quite a few years. Everyone who has tasted these cookies has had only great things to say!
This cookie recipe is so easy to make. As much as we love eating these chocolate chip cookies, my entire family loves baking them as well. I often ask my little daughters to help me make these cookies because it’s that simple and beginner friendly. Also, let’s talk about the aroma that lingers around the kitchen while baking these cookies. That’s enough to keep you tempted. And these chocolate chip cookies are definitely addictive. I bet you just can’t stop with one.
Why do I love these cookies?
Easy, One Bowl Recipe
Beginner Friendly and requires no fancy equipment, ingredients
The recipe can be doubled and the dough can be frozen in advance to bake later
These cookies are not too sweet. Just the perfect amount of sugar to make you want more.
How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix and keep aside.
Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined. This may take around 3-4 minutes.
Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat till fluffy.
Now add the chocolate chips and combine gently. Add the dry ingredients little by little and mix slowly until combined. Do not over-mix.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough and place it on the lined baking sheet. Once the entire batch of cookie dough is done, cover the lined cookie balls using cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1-hour minimum.
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
Take the cookie balls out and place them in batches by leaving enough space between them to expand.
Bake them for 13 minutes or until the sides turn slightly golden brown.
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them come to room temperature. Store them in an air-tight container and enjoy.
The cookies will stay good in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Freezing the dough – Make balls of cookie dough, arrange them on a tray, cover them with a cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour. Once the dough balls are chilled, transfer them to a Ziploc bag or freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Whenever you are ready to bake them, take the cookie balls out of the freezer, arrange them on a lined baking sheet, let them stay at room temperature for 15 minutes and then bake them.
Points to remember
This recipe gives around 25-30 cookies depending on the size and amount of cookie dough you take to form balls. Make sure you bake them in batches by leaving enough gaps between the cookie balls so that they can expand while baking.
While one batch is baking, I keep the rest of the balls refrigerated or I bake a small quantity and freeze the rest for later use.
Don’t skip chilling the dough. This helps the cookies from spreading too much while baking.
Adding brown sugar is highly recommended for a nice flavour and texture. Brown sugar makes the cookies moist and slightly chewy.
Cornstarch gives thick, chewy cookies. So, I prefer not to skip adding it.
Do not over-mix the cookie dough. They may end up being flat.
Ensure the baking soda is active and not too old. Otherwise, the texture of the cookies may not be as desired.
Do not overbake the cookies.
Creaming butter and sugar is very important. Make sure the butter is at room temperature while using it. Also, I prefer using unsalted butter so that I have control over the amount of salt that goes into the cookies. Few salted butter brands are too salty for my taste and alter the taste of baked goods in my opinion.
Other recipes you may like
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DO SHARE YOUR COMMENTS AND RATING WITH ME. ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THE PICTURES WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM. FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK FOR MORE RECIPE UPDATES.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 & 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter 113 grams , at room temperature
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 1 & 1/4 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sift in all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Mix them once and keep the bowl aside.
- Add butter, granulated white sugar and brown sugar to another bowl. Beat till fluffy. This may take around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Beat again till combined and fluffy.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl and combine gently.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the mixture and slowly mix until well combined. Do not over-mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough and place it on the lined baking sheet.
- Once done with the entire batch of dough, cover the lined cookie balls using cling wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take the cookie balls out and place them on the lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies in batches by leaving enough space between them to expand.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Bake the cookies for 13 minutes or until the sides turn slightly golden brown.
- Transfer the baked chocolate chip cookies to a cooling rack and let them come to room temperature. Store them in an air-tight container and enjoy them for upto 5 days