Soft & Moist Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake is our current favourite tea-time snack. Studded with some candied fruits, also known as tutti frutti, this flavourful cake is sure to make you ask for another slice.
Baking makes me happy. I bake a lot. Especially cakes and cookies. Sugar makes me happy too. Haha. I try a lot of combinations and experiment with various ingredients. Sometimes it’s a miss but most often it’s a hit. But I am not sure why I never upload those recipes often on this blog. Lol.
I think it’s high time I start doing justice to the name of my blog and start uploading more cake recipes. So, after a long time, I am uploading a delicious tea time cake recipe for you to try.
I have made this cake multiple times and I can promise you that it tastes amazing. Soft, moist, fluffy, easy and super delicious. Those colourful candied fruits add so much beauty to this time tea time cake.
About Tutti Frutti Cake
If you have eaten cakes from local bakeries in India, you couldn’t have missed this Tutti Frutti Cake. Tutti Frutti is most often used in cakes, cupcakes, cookies and ice cream. Also, there is no chance for you to have missed those Brittania Tea Time Cakes. Tutti Frutti Cake is one popular cake in their collections. Every time I think of those cakes, it brings in a lot of beautiful memories and I am sure it’s the same with you 🙂
If you are wondering what Tutti frutti is, in simple terms, they are candied fruits. It is most often made from papaya, berries and a few other fruits. It is usually available easily in India and if you are living outside India, Tutti Frutti can be found in Indian Grocery Stores. I have seen many people make tutti frutti at home as well. You can definitely try this option too if you are interested in attempting something new.
This Tutti Frutti Cake is eggless but super moist and soft. The addition of yogurt, and milk does help in giving a lovely texture to the cake. To give a slight citrus flavour to the cake, I have added lemon zest. You can add a dash of pineapple essence or even orange zest. I have kept this cake nut-free to make tutti frutti the hero of the cake.
Overall it’s an easy, quick recipe to put together when you want to make a delicious tea time cake. So, let’s get into the recipe now.
How to make Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease and line an 8*4 loaf pan.
In a bowl, sift in all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix once and keep it aside.
In another bowl, toss tutti frutti in a tbsp of all-purpose flour. Coat fully and keep it aside.
Take a bowl. Add butter. Beat for 2 minutes. Now, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy. Next add yogurt, and whisk till combined.
Add vanilla, and lemon zest and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients little by little and gently fold them in.
Finally, add milk little by little and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Now add the tutti frutti. Gently fold it in the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Top it with more tutti frutti if desired.
Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and remove the cake from the loaf pan. Cut and serve!
Hope you enjoy this delicious tea time cake with your family.
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature
Use good quality, fresh ingredients for the best results.
Do not overmix at any point. Over mixing the ingredients results in a dense cake texture.
To prevent the Tutti Frutti from sinking at the bottom, add 1 tbsp all-purpose flour to the tutti frutti & coat well before adding them to the cake batter.
Like I always say, every oven is different. Do a toothpick test in the center of the cake to check if it is fully cooked.
Other recipes you may like
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
- 1 & 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 3/4 cup Tutti Frutti
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour to coat in tutti frutti
- 2 tsp Tutti Frutti for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease and line an 8*4 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift in the "dry ingredients". Mix together and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, toss 3/4 cup tutti frutti in 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour. Coat fully and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl. Add softened butter. Beat for 2 minutes. Now, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy. Next, add yogurt, and whisk for a minute.
- Add vanilla extract, and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little and gently fold them in.
- Finally, add milk little by little and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Now add the tutti frutti coated in all-purpose flour. Gently fold it in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Top it with 2 more tsp of tutti frutti.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and remove the cake from the loaf pan. Cut and serve.