Soft, Moist, Fluffy and Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! This is my favourite recipe to use those ripened bananas in.
Filled with chocolate chips, these banana muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a snack treat. Make these delicious banana chocolate chip muffins with simple ingredients from your pantry.
Every time I make these muffins, my kitchen is filled with an inviting aroma. Warm banana muffins with melted chocolate chips have to be the best breakfast ever!
Make a batch of these muffins and see them disappear at lightning speed.
Why I love these Banana Muffins
- These muffins are so easy to prepare with simple ingredients.
- Takes just 10 minutes to put together.
- Fluffy, Soft and filled with delicious chocolate chips. Chocolate in every bite makes these muffins irresistible.
- I love the combination of Bananas and Chocolate. Match made in heaven!
- This is the perfect recipe to use up those ripened bananas sitting on the kitchen counter.
- Banana Chocolate Chip muffins are so good for breakfast and also for after-school snacks. I love having them as a dessert along with a scoop of ice cream.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
Chocolate Chips – Milk or Dark
Wet Ingredients – Egg, Sugar, Oil, Vanilla Extract, Milk
Dry Ingredients – All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep it aside.
Add the ripened bananas to a bowl and mash them well.
Add sugar, oil, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and whisk well.
To the above mixture, add the egg and whisk again.
Fold in the dry ingredients little by little until well combined.
Add the milk and mix once again.
Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold gently.
Spoon the prepared batter into a lined muffin tray.
Top it with more chocolate chips if desired.
Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
You can store these banana chocolate chip muffins in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Make sure you use well-ripened bananas for the best results.
You can fold some nuts into this batter. My choice would be walnuts!
Dark or milk chocolate chips can be used in this recipe. Both go really well with bananas.
Peanut butter and cinnamon can also be added to this recipe. Makes a great addition to these super delicious banana muffins.
Other recipes you may like
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 medium Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl, combine and keep it aside.
- To another bowl, add the ripened bananas. Mash them well.
- Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract and whisk the ingredients together.
- Whisk in the egg and combine well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients little by little and fold them together.
- Add the milk and combine it with the batter.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix them well.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tin and top it with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.