Navadhanya Ladoo – Delicious, simple and healthy ladoos with multiple grains and jaggery as main ingredients. These ladoos make a filling and great snack. With just a bit of ghee and not much of sweet, these Ladoos can be relished by people of all age groups.
Navadhanya ladoos are a great after school snack and perfect for mild sweet cravings.
When festivals fall on a weekday, you can opt for these simple Ladoos instead of kheer or any other time consuming dessert. These are very easy to prepare and can be distributed to friends and neighbours on special occasions as well.
What is Navadhanya
Navadhanya refers to the are nine-grain varieties that are known for their health benefits. These 9 grains can be used in a variety of dishes like soups, salads, desserts etc. Navadhanya includes a variety of grains like Bengal Gram, Wheat, Horse Gram, Green Gram, Chickpeas Black Sesame Seeds and few more. With a mix of cereals, lentils, seeds, Navadhanyam is a rich source of Nutrition that supports immunity.
Why I like these Ladoos
- Can be made in 10 minutes
- Healthy & Filling
- Kid Friendly Recipe
Ingredients for Navadhanya Ladoo
Step by Step Instructions
Dry roast each grain separately on low flame for 4-5 mins till nicely roasted and till nice aroma comes.
Transfer to a wide to a plate and let it cool down to room temperature.
Finally dry roast cashew nuts and almonds. Once they turn slightly brown, remove and let it cool down.
Once cooled down, add the ingredients little by little to a mixer ginder and grind it to a powder.
When almost done, add jaggery & cardamom powder. Grind again.
Once well combined, transfer the mixture to a wide plate. Melt some ghee, add it to the ground mixture.
When the mixture is warm, take small portions and make navadhanya ladoos.
Proportion of grains , quantity of jaggery can be altered.
Here, I have used peanuts with the skin. If you prefer to remove the skin after roasting, do so and then grind the peanuts.
Ghee is used for a nice flavour and for binding the ingredients together. So, just a little is enough.
These ladoos can be stored in an air tight container , in room temperature for 10 days.
The ladoo mixture can be smooth or coarse. I kept it slightly coarse.
Adding nuts is optional in this recipe.
Ladoos can be made easily when the mixture is warm. If you find it difficult to hold them together, slightly heat the mixture and try again.
Other recipes that you may like
Navadhanya Ladoo | Multigrain Ladoo
- 1 cup Green Gram
- 1/2 cup Horsegram
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Black Urad Dal
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 2 & 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Almond
- 1 tbsp Cashewnut
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Add Green Gram to a pan.. Dry roast on a low flame till the colour slightly changes and you get a nice aroma. Switch off, transfer to plate and allow it to cool down.
- Next, add horsegram to the pan. Dry roast on a low flame until the colour changes to light brown. Switch off, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool down.
- Add Sesame seeds to the pan. Dry roast the sesame seeds on a low flame till they crackle and change colour lightly. Takes around 2-3 minutes. Switch off, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool down.
- Dry roast urad dal until it turns crisp and a nice aroma comes. Switch off and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Dry roast the peanuts on a low flame until they become crunchy and you find few light brown spots on them. Allow them to cool.
- Finally dry roast almonds and cashews till light brown and let it cool down.
- Add all the dry roasted ingredients and grind it using a mixer grinder.
- You can either make a slightly coarse powder or a fine powder. If you want a fine powder, grind the ingredients, sieve it and grind again till you get the desired consistency.
- Add jaggery , cardamom powder and grind again. Make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Now melt the ghee and add it to the above mixture.
- When the mixture is warm to handle, make small size ladoos and store in an air tight container.