This moist and rich Double Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread is a perfect treat for chocolate lovers. The Double Chocolate comes from Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Chips. One of the easiest and best banana bread recipes I have made! The addition of cocoa powder, chocolate and walnuts make this bread more flavourful and delicious.
Double Chocolate Banana Walnut Bread
Who doesn’t love chocolate? The combination of banana and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Whenever I visit a coffee shop, banana bread and hot chocolate are two things that I never miss ordering. I am a crazy lover of anything that has bananas and chocolate. When we combine both, do you even need to ask? I just can’t stop with one bite. Coming to this beautiful bread, in every single bite, you can feel the flavour of bananas and the crunch of chocolates and walnuts. If you have some brown & ripened bananas in hand, don’t waste a minute further. Try this recipe immediately and I am sure you will fall in love with this bread.
I have been planning on baking this bread and sharing the recipe here for quite a few weeks now. But every time I enter the kitchen, I run out of one ingredient or the other. So this time, I have been keeping a watch on all my ingredients for this bread and quickly made this moist and delicious double chocolate banana walnut bread.
Making banana bread is one of the easiest things ever. It’s super simple than making most cookies or cupcakes. So, if you are a beginner who has never baked anything at home, this recipe can be a great start. With just a handful of ingredients and few minutes of your time to mix those ingredients, you can easily make this bread.
Why is this Banana Bread special
The addition of chocolate! Cocoa powder + Chocolate makes this bread so delicious. Using good quality cocoa powder and chocolate ensures that you get the best results.
The combination of oil and butter makes this bread moist and tender.
Brown sugar also makes the bread moist, fudgy. And the flavour of brown sugar + banana + chocolates is HEAVEN!
The ingredients are easy to find and the preparation is super simple! A perfect beginner’s recipe.
Makes a great breakfast or dessert option. Perfect for parties, potluck or for gifting.
What else can be added to this Banana Bread
Other nuts ( Pecans, Cashews, Almonds etc)
The bread can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in a cling film at room temperature for about 5 days. You can also freeze this cake. Cool the cake to room temperature and completely wrap it in plastic wrap. After that wrap it in aluminum foil. You can freeze for up to a month.
Defrost before slicing and serving the cake.
Tips & Suggestions
Wait till the bread completely cools down to room temperature before cutting the cake. I have ended up with broken pieces every time I cut this cake while it’s still hot. So, please keep that in mind.
Make sure you use quality cocoa powder and chocolate.
Use well ripened bananas for the best taste.
Use larger chocolate chunks, as they don’t fully melt when baked and you can feel the crunch when you bite into it.
You can use any oil like coconut oil, vegetable oil , canola oil, sunflower oil or olive oil.
Chopped walnuts are optional, you can skip the nuts.
Make sure you don’t overbake the bread. Take it out of the oven when a toothpick comes out clean. If your toothpick hits a piece of chocolate, there will be melted chocolate on the toothpick. Don’t assume that the cake is not yet baked. Poke in a few more places and check.
Other recipes that you may like
You can have this Double Chocolate Banana Walnut Bread for breakfast or for your 3 pm hunger pangs or even as a dessert after your dinner. If you have some ripened bananas in hand, wait no further and make this delicious bread right away.
Double Chocolate Banana Walnut Bread
- 3 Bananas Ripened
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Grease a 9*5 loaf pan and keep aside.
- Add the ripened bananas to a bowl. Mash them well. Now, add oil and melted butter to it. Using a whisk, mix well until combined.
- To the above mixture, add egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder. Stir in the ingredients together.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix them together until well combined. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts . Give a gentle mix. Make sure you don't over mix the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 mins or until done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run
- Run a knife around the edges of the bread and gently remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the cooling rack until it comes to room temperature. Cut into slices and serve.